Displaying dimming or turning off should prove to be really beneficial for the laptops so that the laptops get an extended time for their battery power backup. When you are reading a PDF file, a long text file or a web page then you are not making any movement on the computer screen for some time therefore, it may result in turning off or dimming the display so the time period for which the screen was demeaned would aid a lot for you. Let’s see how we can save on some battery backup by changing the settings of your Windows Vista enabled computer.
How to configure or Prevent the display turning off or dimming:
1. Click on the “Start” button, and select “Control Panel”.
2. In case you are using an expanded and widen Control Panel select “Power Options”.
Otherwise only click on to “Hardware and Sound”, after that select “Power Options”.
3. From the option “Power Options” dialog box, just click on “Choose when to turn off the display”.
4. Next to the option “Dim the display”, choose the pull-downs to choose if you want to dim the display when ever you are on plugged in or battery power.
5. Next to the option “Turn off the display”, choose the pull-downs in order to choose if you want to turn off the right display when you are either on plugged in option or on battery power.
6. Click on “Save changes” so that can store the settings in appropriate manner.